From DANA's website:
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for those who live, work and play downtown. DANA influences decisions that affect downtown, educates and listens to residents and stakeholders about downtown and issues that affect them, and fosters a downtown community through social events.
• Promote a range of downtown housing options.
• Protect public spaces and historical assets.
• Support pedestrian-oriented development policies.
• Address safety and public nuisance concerns.
• Encourage mixed-use residential development.
• Organize resident social events.
• Communicate the economic and cultural benefits of a vibrant, densely-populated downtown to elected officials and the community at large.