Organ & Pianos
Along with the wonderful musicians of CPC, we’re proud to have instrument of quality to accompany them, in the sanctuary and elsewhere!
Organ console at Central Presbyterian Church
In his book The Roots of Central Presbyterian Church, Bo Byers wrote on the history of the organ at CPC:
Construction of the much larger sanctuary in 1957 called for a larger organ and console. Because of the heavy debt for the sanctuary, nearly two decades passed before the church saw its way clear to complete the organ expansion. The work was done by Otto Jurgen Hoffman, a German-born craftsman who abandoned a career as a physicist to become Austin’s master pipe organ builder. Hoffman’s two-year, $28,000 project culminated in the dedication Sunday, November 2, 1975, of a 60-rank pipe organ with more than 3,000 pipes, second in size only to one other Austin church.
The Sanctuary Piano
Piano at Central Presbyterian Church
Our Yamaha grand piano was donated by gifts from the Ralph and Ruth McCullough Foundation, members and friends of Central Presbyterian Church, and the Noonday Concert audience. (November 29, 1990)
[Yamaha C5 – 6′ 7″ Conservatory Collection Grand Piano]
The Rehearsal Piano
Rehearsal piano at Central Presbyterian Church
Seldom seen by the congregation, but much-loved by the choir, the upright Yamaha piano in the choir room on the third floor was given in memory of Leland F. Andrews by his family and friends.